Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Former FAME teachers picket over unpaid health insurance, salaries - abc7news.com - June 30, 2015
- $1.5B roads plan with fuel tax hike, income tax cut approved by Michigan ... - MLive.com - June 30, 2015
- Eltife hopes successor will follow independent path - Longview News-Journal - June 29, 2015
- DPS expanding patrols to fight drunken driving - Longview News-Journal - June 27, 2015
- Toll fatigue will not affect East Texas hourglass project - Longview News-Journal - June 26, 2015
- Family vacation? Tips for sitting together without extra fees - Longview News-Journal - June 25, 2015
- @play calendar - Longview News-Journal - June 24, 2015
- Spectra fined for lapses in inspection - Longview News-Journal - June 24, 2015
- Marshall jury: Company not at fault in fatal plane crash - Longview News-Journal - June 23, 2015
- Travelers enjoy free rides in Longview for Dump the Pump day - Longview News-Journal - June 19, 2015
- Gushers & Dusters: A weekly look at what we liked — and didn't - Longview News-Journal - June 19, 2015
- City cuts ribbon on Sidney Bell Willis Transit Facility - Longview News-Journal - June 17, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: