Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Gateway school board approves real estate tax settlement - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - April 20, 2015
- GA Gov. looks to eliminate electric car tax credit - ActionNewsJax.com - April 20, 2015
- Editorial: Lawmakers must begin taking care of Texas' vital needs - Longview News-Journal - April 19, 2015
- Florio: High-speed rail a game changer for Texas - Longview News-Journal - April 19, 2015
- DOT orders oil trains to cut speeds when in urban areas - Longview News-Journal - April 18, 2015
- Answer Line: Assistive devices in Longview theaters - Longview News-Journal - April 18, 2015
- Candidates make final pitch at Longview NAACP forum - Longview News-Journal - April 17, 2015
- Editorial: Declining voter pool a troubling sign that bodes ill for Longview - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2015
- East Texas live music, area events - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2015
- McNeely: Legislature enters the homestretch - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2015
- Officials: Oil train tank cars need upgrades - Longview News-Journal - April 07, 2015
- Big rigs often go faster than tires can handle - Longview News-Journal - April 03, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: