Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Income Tax Department Notifies ITR Forms for Companies, Firms - NDTV - August 02, 2015
- State health insurance markets struggle with cost challenges - The Herald-Times (subscription) - August 02, 2015
- 2nd 'super load' starts journey to Eastman - Longview News-Journal - August 02, 2015
- Pope's visit inspires anxiety in Philadelphia - Longview News-Journal - August 01, 2015
- Second 'super load' to begin drive Saturday - Longview News-Journal - July 30, 2015
- Martin swings to profit - Longview News-Journal - July 30, 2015
- Answer Line: A million dollar (probably more) question on city parks - Longview News-Journal - July 30, 2015
- Ozone season deemed 'good' in East Texas - Longview News-Journal - July 28, 2015
- Longview Transit committee to meet Wednesday - Longview News-Journal - July 26, 2015
- Answer Line: How TxDOT does its traffic counts - Longview News-Journal - July 23, 2015
- Hydrogen heats up as an alternative - Longview News-Journal - July 19, 2015
- Property demolition continues to expand Longview Transportation Center - Longview News-Journal - July 07, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: