Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- University of Oregon to create student health insurance plan - Portland Sun Times - May 25, 2015
- Health insurance survey: More employers dropping spousal coverage - LancasterOnline - May 25, 2015
- Government offices, most schools closed today for Memorial Day - Longview News-Journal - May 25, 2015
- Family housing subdivision planned in South Longview - Longview News-Journal - May 24, 2015
- Area offices, schools to close for Memorial Day weekend - Longview News-Journal - May 24, 2015
- Area unemployment rises for 3rd straight month - Longview News-Journal - May 23, 2015
- Paddlefish Festival set for May 22 - Longview News-Journal - May 21, 2015
- DPS 'click it or ticket' program targets seatbelts - Longview News-Journal - May 21, 2015
- @play calendar - Longview News-Journal - May 21, 2015
- Workers injured clearing wreck that closed I-20 ramp - Longview News-Journal - May 19, 2015
- Longview council votes to end red-light camera program - Longview News-Journal - May 19, 2015
- US, Canada unveil oil train safety rules - Longview News-Journal - May 02, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: