Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Keep Texas Beautiful, Don't mess with Texas® launch Art contest for Texas ... - Longview News-Journal - March 11, 2014
- Sauceda, Fowler in 'Don't mess with Texas' spots - Longview News-Journal - March 11, 2014
- Texas anti-DWI campaign targets young adults - Longview News-Journal - March 11, 2014
- Bullet train project failed once, but its back for another go - Longview News-Journal - March 10, 2014
- Americans riding public transit in record numbers - Longview News-Journal - March 10, 2014
- Longview group aims to cash in on telemedicine advances - Longview News-Journal - March 09, 2014
- Natural gas booms as demand roars - Longview News-Journal - March 09, 2014
- Longview-area jobless rate up; state down - Longview News-Journal - March 08, 2014
- @play plus calendar - Longview News-Journal - March 07, 2014
- Here's a quick look at ongoing events and work planned this week in the Tyler ... - Longview News-Journal - March 02, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: