Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Council: Timing isn't right to seek income-tax hike - ThisWeekNews - July 23, 2014
- Rep. Dan Maffei's bill takes away health insurance subsidies for members of ... - The Post-Standard (blog) - July 23, 2014
- Gaza rocket lands near Israeli airport - Longview News-Journal - July 23, 2014
- CISD trustees approve new hires - Longview News-Journal - July 22, 2014
- Airlines add jobs 6th straight month - Longview News-Journal - July 22, 2014
- Transportation chief: Tank cars only part of safety equation - Longview News-Journal - July 22, 2014
- Detroit seeing upgrades ahead of bankruptcy trial - Longview News-Journal - July 21, 2014
- Area transportation group asks for resident input on road projects - Longview News-Journal - July 17, 2014
- Oil, railroads outrunning regulators on tank cars - Longview News-Journal - July 17, 2014
- House passes highway bill as deadline looms - Longview News-Journal - July 16, 2014
- CPAC takes tour, continues to flesh out plan - Longview News-Journal - July 08, 2014
- Feds: August could bring highway crisis - Longview News-Journal - July 02, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: