Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Longview Transit ridership continues to increase - Longview News-Journal - January 28, 2015
- City bus system busier - Longview News-Journal - January 28, 2015
- Analysis: Texas legislators' expenses, schmoozing linked - Longview News-Journal - January 27, 2015
- Gov. Abbott, Lt. Gov. Patrick take office - Longview News-Journal - January 26, 2015
- Business digest: Sunday, Jan. 25 - Longview News-Journal - January 25, 2015
- Hammond: Business' legislative priorities to strengthen Texas - Longview News-Journal - January 24, 2015
- Texas could see Hyperloop - Longview News-Journal - January 16, 2015
- Official: Highways overwhelmed - Longview News-Journal - January 16, 2015
- Clinic closures, transportation services cut among top stories from greater ... - Longview News-Journal - December 31, 2014
- Longview transportation center takes step - Longview News-Journal - December 22, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: