Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Personal Finance: Health savings accounts - a triple income tax play - CapitalGazette.com - August 27, 2015
- Hampden-Wilbraham School Committee votes to change health insurance for ... - MassLive.com - August 27, 2015
- @play calendar - Longview News-Journal - August 27, 2015
- $400K grant boosts Longview entry project - Longview News-Journal - August 26, 2015
- Gregg County commissioners OK final $500k on George Richey Road project - Longview News-Journal - August 26, 2015
- Texas Parks and Wildlife awards $400K grant to build 'The Green' - Longview News-Journal - August 25, 2015
- Student now the teacher in return to school - Longview News-Journal - August 24, 2015
- Area family's Montgomery trip sparks city pride - Longview News-Journal - August 23, 2015
- Hall: Move Texas forward with Proposition 7 - Longview News-Journal - August 22, 2015
- TxDOT begins anti-drinking and driving campaign - Longview News-Journal - August 21, 2015
- Answer Line: Fourth Street extension has turn lane - Longview News-Journal - August 20, 2015
- Harrison Road set to widen in Gregg County - Longview News-Journal - August 18, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: