Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Rocksino doubles town's income tax revenue, Akron to open homeless housing ... - The Plain Dealer - July 29, 2014
- Labour resurrects plans for a 'death tax' - Telegraph.co.uk - July 29, 2014
- Balloon week: Organizers prep airport, keep eye on the weather - Longview News-Journal - July 27, 2014
- New recycling routine will take time - Longview News-Journal - July 26, 2014
- Feds unveil proposed safety rules for crude-carrying trains - Longview News-Journal - July 24, 2014
- Transportation chief: Tank cars only part of safety equation - Longview News-Journal - July 22, 2014
- Area transportation group asks for resident input on road projects - Longview News-Journal - July 17, 2014
- Oil, railroads outrunning regulators on tank cars - Longview News-Journal - July 17, 2014
- House passes highway bill as deadline looms - Longview News-Journal - July 16, 2014
- CPAC takes tour, continues to flesh out plan - Longview News-Journal - July 08, 2014
- TxDot Report: planned area projects for the week - Longview News-Journal - July 07, 2014
- Feds: August could bring highway crisis - Longview News-Journal - July 02, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: