Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Income Tax Deadline Fast Facts - NBC2 News - December 01, 2015
- Study Links Rise In Cigarette Tax With Decline In Infant Mortality - CBS Local - December 01, 2015
- Letters on military health co-pays, Gen. Red Brown, Syrian refugees - Longview News-Journal - December 01, 2015
- Longview police stepping up traffic enforcement - Longview News-Journal - December 01, 2015
- Ages 18 to 25 fast-growing segment of homeless in East Texas - Longview News-Journal - November 29, 2015
- Answer Line: Plans to widen Alpine Road are far in future - Longview News-Journal - November 28, 2015
- Travelers take to the roads and skies - Longview News-Journal - November 25, 2015
- Big Texas welcome - Longview News-Journal - November 22, 2015
- $3.2M OK'd to widen part of Loop 281 - Longview News-Journal - November 20, 2015
- Hallsville ISD might raise bus driver pay to fight shortage - Longview News-Journal - November 19, 2015
- Verma: No more short-term thinking on transportation - Longview News-Journal - November 14, 2015
- Longview Transportation Center hosts 1st public event since $2.2 million ... - Longview News-Journal - November 08, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: