Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Government Math: More Will Lose Health Insurance Than Gained It If ACA ... - Science 2.0 - October 21, 2014
- Penn State graduate students lament spike in health insurance - Centre Daily Times - October 21, 2014
- Draft of Longview comprehensive plan calls for new, updated parks - Longview News-Journal - October 21, 2014
- Another year, another small Social Security bump - Longview News-Journal - October 19, 2014
- Need a little help finding that pothole - Longview News-Journal - October 18, 2014
- Regional transportation group shifts focus - Longview News-Journal - October 15, 2014
- County decides not to issue burn ban - Longview News-Journal - October 14, 2014
- AgriLife extension aging specialist tells 500 in Longview to help elderly ... - Longview News-Journal - October 10, 2014
- Results of Longview transportation survey unveiled - Longview News-Journal - October 01, 2014
- Oil, rail industries want 7 years to fix tank cars - Longview News-Journal - September 30, 2014
- Oil industry offers crude test standards - Longview News-Journal - September 26, 2014
- Editorial: Voters should push for highway funding - Longview News-Journal - September 25, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: