Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Income tax revenue outpaces 2013's - Toledo Blade - October 24, 2014
- House 20th District candidates McAuliffe, Khan debate income tax increase ... - Chicago Daily Herald - October 24, 2014
- Longview officials remind drivers to be aware when driving near school buses ... - Longview News-Journal - October 24, 2014
- Longview's comprehensive plan includes revised future land use map - Longview News-Journal - October 23, 2014
- Two Interstate 20 wrecks, one involving cattle trailer, cause commuter headaches - Longview News-Journal - October 23, 2014
- East Texas lawmakers muse on coming session - Longview News-Journal - October 23, 2014
- Truck hauling more than 75 cattle overturns on I-20 - Longview News-Journal - October 22, 2014
- Wreck involving cattle truck closes lane on I-20 - Longview News-Journal - October 22, 2014
- Longview officials eye scenic title - Longview News-Journal - October 22, 2014
- Comprehensive plan protects Longview's future thoroughfares - Longview News-Journal - October 22, 2014
- Regional transportation group shifts focus - Longview News-Journal - October 15, 2014
- Results of Longview transportation survey unveiled - Longview News-Journal - October 01, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: