Early Voting is Underway!
- Longview to name center after former city councilwoman - Longview News-Journal - December 11, 2013
- City to name center after councilwoman - Longview News-Journal - December 11, 2013
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela - Longview News-Journal - December 10, 2013
- Weather leads to partially bare grocery stores; icy roads stall delivery trucks - Longview News-Journal - December 10, 2013
- Rusk County approves revised long-range library plan - Longview News-Journal - December 10, 2013
- Travel gets better days after ice storm - Longview News-Journal - December 10, 2013
- TxDOT road report: planned area projects for the week - Longview News-Journal - December 09, 2013
- Red-light cameras in spotlight again - Longview News-Journal - December 08, 2013
- 5 trends beneath the surface in November jobs report - Longview News-Journal - December 08, 2013
- Kilgore industrial property values skyrocket to all-time high - Longview News-Journal - December 08, 2013
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: