Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Scots to Gain Control of Income Tax Under Smith Proposals - Bloomberg - November 27, 2014
- EPA proposes stricter limits on ozone, cites health savings - Pittsburgh Post Gazette - November 27, 2014
- Thanksgiving travel woes? There's an app for that - Longview News-Journal - November 26, 2014
- Mazda sets recall for '14-15 cars - Longview News-Journal - November 26, 2014
- San Antonio works to protect species - Longview News-Journal - November 24, 2014
- Answer Line: Are those rumble strips recycled? - Longview News-Journal - November 22, 2014
- Marion County chamber looks for office space after being evicted - Longview News-Journal - November 22, 2014
- Unemployment down in Longview, state - Longview News-Journal - November 22, 2014
- Answer Line: No voters 'turned away' over ID - Longview News-Journal - November 20, 2014
- Ratliffs: The Rotary 4-way test vs. school vouchers - Longview News-Journal - November 08, 2014
- Transportation group thinks small, delays hourglass - Longview News-Journal - November 02, 2014
- Results of Longview transportation survey unveiled - Longview News-Journal - October 01, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: