Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- NH House Legalizes Keno, Rejects Cigarette Tax Hike - NECN - April 01, 2015
- 8 Ways To Survive The Alternative Minimum Tax - Forbes - April 01, 2015
- Work to begin on new Longview Buckner campus - Longview News-Journal - April 01, 2015
- Initiatives emerge in second Longview mayoral debate - Longview News-Journal - March 31, 2015
- City officials to attend shelter expo - Longview News-Journal - March 30, 2015
- Study: Oil export ban helps few refiners, hurts producers - Longview News-Journal - March 29, 2015
- Foster: Gas meter swap leaves me — and others — cold - Longview News-Journal - March 28, 2015
- Governor makes first visit to region since election - Longview News-Journal - March 27, 2015
- $209.8 billion spending plan goes to House - Longview News-Journal - March 25, 2015
- Senate bill would nix red light cameras - Longview News-Journal (blog) - March 24, 2015
- Haywood: A real fix for Texas' traffic woes - Longview News-Journal - March 21, 2015
- Trinity guardrails pass tests; questions remain - Longview News-Journal - March 14, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: