Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Why your health insurance is about to change - The Tennessean - April 23, 2014
- Portland arts tax: Controversial $35 income tax needs 'review,' refinement ... - The Oregonian - April 23, 2014
- Sides react to affirmative action ruling - Longview News-Journal - April 23, 2014
- Railroads want guidance on tank car safety features - Longview News-Journal - April 23, 2014
- District 3 incumbent faces two challengers in May - Longview News-Journal - April 22, 2014
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet - Longview News-Journal (blog) - April 21, 2014
- TxDOT road report: planned area projects for the week - Longview News-Journal - April 21, 2014
- Editorial: Let's find a new route for bus service in all area districts - Longview News-Journal - April 20, 2014
- Longview board OKs short-term transportation plan - Longview News-Journal - April 19, 2014
- Transportation upgrades centerpiece of Gregg County's future - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2014
- Congress now giving states transportation bad news - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2014
- Longview ISD talks private bus management - Longview News-Journal - April 15, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: