Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Ashya King's case casts light on challenges for UK health policy - Financial Times - September 01, 2014
- Japan's July tax revenue jumps 17.9% with income tax growing - GlobalPost - September 01, 2014
- Tesla Motors dealing as states play $5B factory poker - Longview News-Journal - September 01, 2014
- 5 killed in plane crash near Denver - Longview News-Journal - September 01, 2014
- Area mental health center sets $31M budget plan - Longview News-Journal - August 30, 2014
- Bus drops off Longview ISD student, 4, at wrong location - Longview News-Journal - August 30, 2014
- ETMC EMS membership available through Sept. 30 - Longview News-Journal - August 29, 2014
- Police, DPS to enhance patrol in preparation for holiday weekend - Longview News-Journal - August 28, 2014
- Too Hot to Cook: Fundraiser rakes in over $5K for food - Longview News-Journal - August 27, 2014
- Texas lawmakers focus on oil boom - Longview News-Journal - August 27, 2014
- Longview Chamber hosts transportation summit - Longview News-Journal - August 14, 2014
- TxDOT road report: planned area projects for the week - Longview News-Journal - August 11, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: