Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Colorado health exchange proposes insurer fee to raise $13 million - The Denver Post - April 17, 2014
- President Obama says 8 million Americans have signed up for health insurance ... - New York Daily News - April 17, 2014
- Area cities, schools to close for holiday - Longview News-Journal - April 17, 2014
- Why high oil prices are actually good for airlines - Longview News-Journal - April 17, 2014
- Sign-Up begins for USDA Disaster Assistance programs restored by Farm Bill - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2014
- Area cities, schools to close for Good Friday holiday - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2014
- Transportation upgrades centerpiece of Gregg County's future - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2014
- Congress now giving states transportation bad news - Longview News-Journal - April 16, 2014
- Food rescue: Austin leftovers recycled to feed hungry - Longview News-Journal - April 15, 2014
- Longview ISD talks private bus management - Longview News-Journal - April 15, 2014
- Davis: Votes on bills that aided clients was not a conflict - Longview News-Journal - April 15, 2014
- TxDOT road report: planned area projects for the week - Longview News-Journal - April 14, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: