Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Op/ed: Health care reform is ultimately a question of justice - Pacific Coast Business Times - February 27, 2015
- If Supreme Court says no, they'd lose health insurance help - The Herald-News - February 27, 2015
- Keep Longview Beautiful breaks ground on city entryway - Longview News-Journal - February 27, 2015
- Other Voices: What Texas editors are saying - Longview News-Journal - February 27, 2015
- Entryway renovations, new event venue part of Longview Comprehensive Plan ... - Longview News-Journal - February 27, 2015
- Lawmakers target UN - Longview News-Journal - February 27, 2015
- Enterprise, Anadarko, DCP Midstream and MarkWest Form Joint Venture for ... - Longview News-Journal - February 26, 2015
- Parents upset with school districts for Wednesday's schedules during bad weather - Longview News-Journal - February 26, 2015
- Abbott, Texas Senate leaders tout road funding proposals - Longview News-Journal - February 25, 2015
- Canada: Oil train accident shows new safety rules inadequate - Longview News-Journal - February 23, 2015
- Abbott declares education, transportation, border and ethics emergency items - Longview News-Journal (blog) - February 17, 2015
- Paddie appointed Vice Chairman of Energy Resources Committee and member ... - Longview News-Journal - February 05, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: