Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Colorado among states most reliant on income tax - 9NEWS.com - September 14, 2014
- Workers feel pinch as employers rein in health insurance costs - Charlotte Observer - September 14, 2014
- Grants, assistance for organic growers - Longview News-Journal - September 14, 2014
- Al-Qaida's Syrian cell alarms U.S. - Longview News-Journal - September 13, 2014
- Northeast Texas poised for lowest smog numbers in several years - Longview News-Journal - September 13, 2014
- Ratliff: Let's make good choices on charter schools - Longview News-Journal - September 13, 2014
- Study: Truancy data shows racial divide - Longview News-Journal - September 13, 2014
- Residents express health concerns, ask court for help - Longview News-Journal - September 12, 2014
- Five-county working group IDs interstate projects - Longview News-Journal - September 11, 2014
- County supports ballot proposition for transportation funding - Longview News-Journal - September 10, 2014
- Thomas sworn in as NET RMA chair - Longview News-Journal - September 10, 2014
- TxDOT road report for week of Sept. 8 - Longview News-Journal - September 08, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: