Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Dean: Let's focus on Upshur, Gregg counties - Longview News-Journal - December 20, 2014
- Gregg, Harrison County judges detail highway projects to state board - Longview News-Journal - December 19, 2014
- Other Voices: What Texas editors are saying - Longview News-Journal - December 19, 2014
- McNeely: Time for truth in taxes, budget - Longview News-Journal - December 18, 2014
- Will: A Texas-sized plate dispute - Longview News-Journal - December 18, 2014
- Panel sets $7 billion minimum for Rainy Day Fund - Longview News-Journal - December 15, 2014
- East Texas I-20 group ready to pitch for funds - Longview News-Journal - December 08, 2014
- Officials debate how to spend Prop 1 money - Longview News-Journal - November 30, 2014
- Marion County chamber looks for office space after being evicted - Longview News-Journal - November 22, 2014
- Transportation group thinks small, delays hourglass - Longview News-Journal - November 02, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: