Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Let's Block Too-Big-to-Fail Health Insurance Companies | Commentary - Roll Call - October 06, 2015
- Finance task force study backs up Cleveland Heights' city income tax ballot ... - cleveland.com - October 06, 2015
- TxDOT approves safety features, lighting for Harrison County roads - Longview News-Journal - October 06, 2015
- Longview woman's book retraces post-Civil War trek to East Texas - Longview News-Journal - October 04, 2015
- Monday last day to register to vote for Nov. 3 election - Longview News-Journal - October 04, 2015
- Kilgore council OKs about $350K in hotel funds - Longview News-Journal - October 03, 2015
- EPA sets new ozone standards - Longview News-Journal - October 01, 2015
- Feds want tougher pipeline rules - Longview News-Journal - October 01, 2015
- Answer Line: No school zone trap on Judson Road - Longview News-Journal - October 01, 2015
- Drinking water infrastructure close to crisis - Longview News-Journal - September 28, 2015
- School bus seat belts not required in Texas - Longview News-Journal - September 19, 2015
- Report finds new risks in guardrails - Longview News-Journal - September 12, 2015
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: