Marketplace Fairness Act is all the Buzz!
- Health insurance brokers say Obama administration had an attitude adjustment - STLtoday.com - October 31, 2014
- Since when was health care reform authored in the House? - Washington Post - October 31, 2014
- McReynolds: Van de Putte reflects East Texas values - Longview News-Journal - October 31, 2014
- NYC hatchet attack considered to be terrorism, but why? - Longview News-Journal - October 30, 2014
- Probation ordered in deadly crash - Longview News-Journal - October 30, 2014
- Residents voice praise, suggestions after comprehensive plan presentation - Longview News-Journal - October 29, 2014
- Planning Longview's future: Residents voice praise, suggestions after plan ... - Longview News-Journal - October 29, 2014
- Longview residents invited to attend comprehensive plan unveiling today - Longview News-Journal - October 28, 2014
- Winn: Stuck in traffic? It won't fix itself - Longview News-Journal - October 25, 2014
- Comprehensive plan protects Longview's future thoroughfares - Longview News-Journal - October 22, 2014
- Regional transportation group shifts focus - Longview News-Journal - October 15, 2014
- Results of Longview transportation survey unveiled - Longview News-Journal - October 01, 2014
Community and Economic Development
Continued and enhanced funding of CDBG/HUD grants. Restore funding for SAFEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act for Legacy Users).
Support clean coal technology developments and balanced approach and further study of greenhouse gas regulatory controls. Support further development funding for renewable energy.
Oppose administration cuts to Medicare/Medicaid which total more than $24 billion over the next five years for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) and over $200 billion over five years in total cuts. Preserve market basket update for SNF. Support Senator Harkin's (D-IA) work with the U.S. Chamber for tax credits to companies that implement Wellness programs. Support small business and self-employed to purchase insurance through organizations or associations. Support tax equality for individuals and small businesses that purchase health insurance. Oppose health care mandates which raise prices and make it difficult for individuals and small businesses to buy insurance.
Support H.R. 5515, the New Employee Verification Act (NEVA).
Support securing Federal funding to expand and improve the AMTRAK facility in Longview. Support continued Federal funding for AMTRAK. Solve the Highway Trust Fund crisis. Support a comprehensive approach to solving the nation's looming transportation infrastructure crissi. Specifically, the Chamber believes that a multi-modal and intermodal vision must increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve the efficient, safe, sustainable movement of goods and people throughout the country and the world.
Select your state to get started: